The Feminist Library is run entirely by volunteers. A core group of management committee members are supported by a strong collective of regular volunteers, who donate their time and skills to make the library what it is.
- Help us develop the Feminist Library online catalogue.
- Research, order and review new publications.
- Help staff the library during our regular opening hours.
- Connect with other feminist groups and organisations.
- Contribute to our newsletter.
- Help us with our fundraising effort.
- Organise our stall at events and conferences around London.
- Cover general admin duties.
We invite people with specialist skills to join one of our sub-groups, but we also welcome people that would like to develop skills in the following areas:
- the fundraising sub-group researches and applies for grants, administrates our standing order scheme and evaluates/develops our fundraising strategy, developing ideas & campaigns.
- the newsletter sub-group plans and creates our seasonal Feminist Library newsletter.
- the building sub-group works on premises-related matters and researches long-term solutions for housing the collection.
- the publicity group makes sure everyone is aware of the Feminist Library’s role and activities.
- the events group create and organises events held at the Feminist Library.
The Feminist Library is always looking for new volunteers and all feminists are welcome to get involved. If you are interested in helping the library in any capacity, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or come to the library on Thursday between 7-9 pm.