The Feminist Library receives no external core funding and has no paid staff members. We depend on the generous support of our donors and volunteers to continue our work in the community. In 2009, a grant from Awards for All allowed us to run a training programme in radical librarianship for 15 unemployed people. Individual donations continue to help us meet running costs and promote the collection. However, the future of this valuable archive depends on your continued support.
How you can help
Make a donation! Your contribution could help us…
- publicize the collection to researchers.
- run a feminist history outreach event for the local community.
- meet basic day-to-day costs.
Every donation of any size makes a difference.
Volunteer at the Feminist Library
We wouldn’t be able to keep the library going if it wasn’t for the amazing group of volunteers who donate their time and skills. We are looking for people to…
- Help us develop the Feminist Library online catalogue.
- Research, order and review new publications for our newsletter and website.
- Help staff the library during our regular opening hours and events.
- Join the fundraising team.
If you would like to become part of the team, you only need to say so!