- What is the Friends Scheme?
The Friends Scheme is about creating a community of valued Friends who will help us not only support our future but who will enable us to plan strategically through regular donation to the Library.
- How does it work?
You can become a Friend of the Feminist Library by giving us a regular monthly donation, or a one-off yearly donation through direct debit. We also ask for your email address so that we can send you our e-bulletins, and discounts on books and other merchandise. We’ll also let you know in advance of our programme of events, presentations and workshops.
You will not be inundated with emails! No more than one a month.
We also ask for your address and a contact phone number. We will only use your phone number to check any details with you, and your address if you are not on email.
- How much does it cost?
We welcome everyone, regardless of income level. Our fees are recommendations only. Friends can pay more, or less. It is up to each individual.
Our recommended monthly rates:
£3/ £7/ £15
- How does being a Friend help the Feminist Library?
Your regular donation will
- Safeguard the collection, and, more widely, save feminist herstory
- Safeguard community space
- Enable us to plan ahead financially
- Enable us to invest in equipment and other resources with the knowledge we have rolling income
- What we offer our Friends?
We are pleased to offer you
- Discounts on selected merchandise and books throughout the year
- Regular e-bulletins
- Information on events, lectures, workshops and presentations